Re: [Ayatana] Is it time we killed "minimize to tray" ?

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 17:24, Jan Claeys <lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:
That option is still there in GNOME 2.30 (as included in Lucid).

Nope.

Early gnomes had (IIRC) 3 options for what to show on the taskbar:

1) Show only windows from the current workspace
2) Show windows from the current workspace, AND minimized windows from all workspaces
3) Show all windows from all workspaces.

1 and 3 have been the only option in gnome for years.

To restate, my feeling on the subject is that windows that are minimized, thus, not actually appearing on any desktop/workspace, are fundamentally more ethereal, and shouldn't have the concept of a workspace at all.... they should be sticky/appear-on-all-workspaces.

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx =-