Re: [Ayatana] Default to single click to open files and folders

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 14:48, Remco <remco47@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 12:07, Alex Lourie <djay.il@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Remco <remco47@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I think single click should not be default, but there is one way of
>> improving single selection in that mode: put a checkbox before each
>> file and folder. This also makes it easier to do multi selection in
>> any mode.
>
> And how would it be implemented in icon mode?

A checkbox somewhere on the icon. I remember seeing this on a Windows machine:
http://malektips.com/windows-7-explorer-checkbox-select-file.html

thanx, remco

note: checkbox appears on mouse-over.
this behaviour works best, if all thumbs are of the same size and muscle memory is honored by the checkbox position.

for those who want to test this behaviour live: try Dolphin, it's just a command away:
$sudo apt-get install dolphin