Re: [Ayatana] Default to single click to open files and folders

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 08:47, SorinN <nemes.sorin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On the topic of double click or single click - the user should choose
not others. Open Source should not became a prison.

you are absolutely correct.
that's why there are other distributions and desktop environments out there.
we are merely discussing the DEFAULT setting for the distro at hand, Ubuntu.

to give it a more natural DE look and feel, we want to consider changes like this one.

User testing has revealed that single click comes more intuitively to users than double click.

that's the whole purpose of this discussion, not imprisonment or enslavement ;)

hola