Re: [Ayatana] Criticism of Client Side Window Decorations

"Akshat Jain" <ssj6akshat1234@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Link Copy-Pasta
>http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2010/05/why-you-should-not-use-client-side-window-decorations/
>http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2010/05/follow-up-on-client-side-decorations/
>
>This guy named Martin Gräßlin is a hardcore KWin fan I think,looks like if
>he were a senior GNOME developer he would have replaced Metacity with
>KWin.Lol
>
>Design Team?

He's one of the leading kwin developers. It would be a bit surprising if he was not a fan.

Personally I find turning window decoration over to applications an odd way to go about increasing consistency on the desktop.

I suspect it is unlikely that features requiring CSD will not have any easy time getting support across the Free desktop. (fwiw, windicators are not, afaiui, such a change).

Scott K