Re: [Ayatana] Export/Import idea for Windicators

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 14:26, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For designing indicators, ask yourself:

 - what is the *status* I am conveying, and
 - what options are there to manipulate that status?

If you don't have both, especially the status, don't use an indicator.
Use a menu.

this hammers down heavier than a 30page spec.
Thanks for the clarification once again, SABDFL ;)

In this case, what you are describing is really just part of the File
menu. So leave it there.

To be precise, Send-to, as David Siegel would probably say, please be unforgiving if am i completely wrong David?! ;)
We mentioned open-with in connection with GNOME Do (ingenious) and FAYT already...

I'd like me a FAYT Send-to.. dialog in Nautilus' right-click menu. Copy-to and Move-to don't consistenly offer all Places yet, which is also a shame.. i see only Home and Desktop..
How about moving a file to another person? Why does it always have to be IP, URI, folder or host?

with a proper FAYT integration in Send-to, we could also integrate Folks [http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Folks], a protocol independent contact list.