Re: [Ayatana] No "application bucket" needed

On 17 May 2010 11:58, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 17/05/10 11:40, David Siegel wrote:
>> More specifically, I'm interested in why people use minimize-to-tray
>> instead of regular minimize. My suspicion is that it's easier to
>> recall minimized windows by clicking on indicators than by clicking on
>> the window list.
>>

> My assumption has been that people want to get the window OUT of the
> Alt-TAB list, and off the task bar.
>
> Mark

Alt-TAB list definitely, but I think people only want it off the task
bar because of lack of space. DockbarX has a ppa[1] give it a try,
replace your window-switcher applet and then don't use the
minimize-to-tray functionality of the indicator applets/notification
area. It's much more usable IMO.

If DockbarX also removed minimized windows from the Alt+TAB list - it
would be perfect :D

Luke.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~dockbar-main/+archive/ppa