Re: [Ayatana] No "application bucket" needed

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 11:59, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hmm... that's interesting :-).

Simplistically, I would say that "if content is actively being shared,
it should continue to run unless File->Quit is selected".

The extension of that issue is what happens to those services when you log out. Is there a way to make that service persist beyond the current session? automatically restart on reboot? Should a session resume if the machine unexpectedly loses power, and comes back on 5 minutes later? Getting progressively more off-topic, but I feel like I've opened a nasty can of worms :) I do, however, think the connection between "services" and the desktop experience is important to keep in mind, even beyond the session.

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx =-