Re: [Ayatana] Progress dialogs & minimising applications

I think this is an excellent idea, and not just for UI-locking apps. For example, let's say you have Chrome running and it is in the process of downloading a file. Although the Chrome UI is not blocked by the download, you could still show this progress in the task bar.

If memory serves, Windows 7's task bar provides similar functionality. Perhaps we should perform some testing with that to see what we like about it and how we might be able to improve upon it.

-Scott