Re: [Ayatana] Secure Identity Design

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 14:55 -0400, Martin Owens wrote:

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Starfish/Design

I guess most users will not think "email" on reading "Secure Online
Identity". Of course it's hard to find something that fits in a menu.

What is this really about?
- Prove of identity (your own and "re-identification" of others)
- Encrypted communication

Maybe "Personal communication key"?

> I have attempted to show the workflow from not having an identity
> (published gpg key) to discovering the possibility, setting it up and
> then creating a network of trust.

Shouldn't the network-building happen face-to-face, to really know who
you are dealing with?

> What I am most unsure about is linking the concept of trust with the
> idea of 'friendship', I couldn't think of a better way to explain the
> link between people. Perhaps if any of you have some good ideas you
> could share them with us.

I think friends/friendship is just inappropriate.
How about:
 * Partners
 * Confidants
 * Verified Contacts