Re: [Ayatana] Lack of harmony between panel applets

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 12:41 AM, Allan Caeg <allancaeg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Tyler Brainerd <tylerbrainerd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This separation is addressed in the fact that they are getting rid of the notification area, moving all icons to the indicator applet. The clock applet has a new version in the works as well.

Thanks, Tyler. I didn't know about the new clock applet. I hope, it addresses the issue

Me too. :D

From what I understand, a lot of these changes (for instance, the new network manager) are and will continue to show up in the Unity interface, before eventually making their way over to Desktop.