Re: [Ayatana] Unity Screenshot

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 15:37, David Siegel <david.siegel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Of course that discussion is not off topic! Please, share your thoughts.

David

We can all see that the interaction design here is being done quite carefully, the goal seems a not too overloaded interface, clean, structured, consistent, learnable etc...

now one feature that would help with everything in my opinion would be full input feedback.
Full input feedback meaning every button i press reacts as if it were a physical object, even if it was pressed before.

even if this information is little, it stops users from believing their system is frozen or unresponsive if they click and nothing happens.
Relying on a window to pop up after a while after i press something is not enough imo..