Re: [Ayatana] Compiz Search Filter for default

FWIW, here's a little explanation about what motivated me to write this:

i believe that the concept of abstract navigation is becoming mandatory.
Any human-friendly man machine interface deserves to move beyond spacial axis vs time for navigation..
I think we can do more in terms of navigation than pan, scroll and turn page., i.e. physical movement.

The human mind is able to understand concepts far beyond physical movement along a spacial axis. We dance and swim in water, soil and air simultaneously with our eyes closed..
How could spacial navigation ever be more important to such a being, than conceptual navigation?

To be honest, i believe that the man machine interface was never more retarded than with the increasing age of the desktop metaphor.

Files and folders are the models an Operating System uses to associate content objects with other content objects.
The user should not be bothered with such details anymore!

We all want software technology interfaces to be helpful in that they make life simpler with all that they can help us do..

I think we can consider software appliances to be our artificially augmented sense of coordination;
imagine searching the www with only the usage of scrollbars and arrow keys: unuseful.

Sense of coordination is a scaling factor for mental capacity. meaning for the ability to identify a known concept when it appears. The system has the ability to re-cognize abstract concepts, as soon as it is able to coordinate virtual relationships between their elements.

To put it in other words: Spacial navigation interfaces are useless on invisible objects.
I'd go even further and say: never display unmanaged content.
Don't display stuff if it doesn't fit into the immediate purpose of something i'm currently doing.

when i'm looking for a file for example, i am not interested in seeing any other files, so searching for one particular document is more important than displaying all of them simultaneously, spacially organized.

We need to give "navigating" a serious lift.
To achive this, it would help to put logical navigation into the foreground wherever spacial navigation would obviously be more tedious to perform, i.e. invisible content.

The reason is simple, or let me say simplicity itself!
The sea of invisible (virtual) objects in the world of software technology is so overwhelming, that simple ways of navigating it are yet to be produced..