Re: [Ayatana] Global Menu

It seems to me, UI wise anyway, that there is a movement away from having a
traditional program menu.  The most recent browsers (FF, Chrome, IE) have
buried it and in applications such as media players and basic photo managers
it's also getting sidelined as it tends to be more of a junkstore than a
valid UI tool.

Considering the focus of netbooks is mainly on content consumption rather
than work/creation having a unified menu when the common applications are
making efforts to distance themselves from this UI paradigm doesn't make a
whole lot of sense.

The top bar in Gnome has always seemed to me to be very much 'we have this
bar with all this space to use, what can we stick in it?' which doesn't seem
like a good approach to usability and interface design.

On 16/08/2010 11:45, "Conscious User" <conscioususer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

While I like the AppMenu and I'm currently using it on Maverick even
for the