Re: [Ayatana] SoundMenu and hovering

Hello MPT,

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:46, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

David Callé wrote on 23/07/10 11:14:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoundMenu
> I think there should be specifications about hovered appearance of
> items in the Sound Menu. For now, based on an empiric use of the rest
> of the menus all over the desktop, some behaviors seem quite
> unpredictable. Of course, the SoundMenu is an amazing work in progress
> (Thanks to Conor Curran and mpt!), but we should talk about this as
> there is a risk of inconsistency.
>
> For now it's (cf. gif attached) :

Thanks for this detailed review.

> #1 Click : mute/unmute
> Hover : Menu item highlighting
>
> #2 Click and drag : Change volume
> Hover : Button from grey to white

This is already covered in the specification: "The item should highlight
when navigated to, or on mouseover, just as normal menu items do".
<http://launchpad.net/bugs/524541>

> #3 Click : Opens Rhythmbox
> Hover : Text from grey to white

This is fixed now: apart from its wacky alignment, it behaves just like
a normal menu item.

> #4 Click : Nothing
> Hover : Text from grey to white

This is fixed now too: it behaves just like a normal menu item.

> #5 Click : Navigates current sound
> Hover : Nothing

This is fixed, in that we removed the scrub bar from the menu.

> #6 Click : Navigates sound library
> Hover : Nothing

The buttons should highlight in a similar way to menu items. This is an
accessibility problem that we didn't have time to fix for Maverick.

whow.