Re: [Ayatana] Indicators in messaging menu

On Sat, 2010-09-25 at 03:46 +0530, Owais Lone wrote:
> I want to know how often does messaging-menu reload look for the list
> of indicators?
>
> When I remove some app, it's entry stays in the messaging menu until I
> restart the computer or manually kill the messaging menu, forcing a
> reload.
>
> Is there something an the app developer must do to prevent this? If
> not, should I file a bug/papercut against it?

The messaging menu doesn't poll or search, it finds out from the
applications as they change.  If an application falls of DBus it will be
removed, so (without knowing more detail) I'd say that your application
is still running.  Perhaps it's in the background and not exiting the
way that you expect.

		--Ted