[Ayatana] Indicator Attention State

Currently the attention state of the indicators or the messaging menu solely depends on the icon from the current theme. I've noticed that most of the users miss the attention state after changing the icon theme.

For example, in Ambiance the attention icon for messaging menu is Green and that for non-attention is black. While in Radiance, the attention icon is Black. This might create confusion for some users and some might just miss the notifications totally after changing the theme.

This is the case when we take on the default themes into consideration. With the amount of easily available custom themes (thanks to USC, Ubuntu Tweak and OMGUbuntu :D ) this can be a real inconsistency problem.

I think adding a slight glow/shine around attention state indicators not just the messaging menu would be nice.

Mock-ups anyone?

--
Owais Lone
hello@xxxxxxxxxxxxx