[Ayatana] Seeking feedback on professional video import UX design

As this is my first post to the list, I want to start by thanking
everyone involved in the Ayatana effort for bringing the focus,
vocabulary, and living examples of good design to the free software
world.  From personal experience I can say that you've made what my
little team and I are trying to do easier, less risky, and well...
more fun.

I've been working on a UX design for TV and movie production using
HDSLR cameras.  These cameras store video on memory cards, which is
then imported using card-readers.  In real-world production scenarios,
the import process is a mindlessly repetitive task with zero
variation... which makes it highly error-prone and stressful.  If you
give the user *any* rope, they will hang themselves sooner rather than
later.

A perfect place for opinionated design.  The UX design I came up with
utilizes NotifyOSD and Application Indicators, without which I'd still
be stumbling around in the dark.  If anyone is interested and has time
to look it over, the full design is here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AyatanaDmediaLovefest

If you wish to give me feedback, I have a giant favor to ask: if you
find yourself critical of this design and don't yourself have
experience with a high-volume pro use-case like this, please first ask
yourself whether you're truly empathizing with the pro user in this
scenario.  A misunderstanding here is a totally innocent mistake, but
it happens often and unfortunately never leads to the feedback I need
to improve this design for the pro user in question.

However, if you *do* have experience with high-volume pro use-cases
and find fault *anywhere* in the design, then lay it on me without
hesitation... I want to know every detail!  Don't hold back!  Also, if
anyone has experience as a professional wedding photographer, I'd love
your feedback... your workflow is extremely similar to HDSLR movie and
TV production.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Jason