Re: [Ayatana] Me & Messaging Indicator Menu

hi Mohamed,

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 18:03, ilidrissiamine@xxxxxxxxx <ilidrissiamine@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Hmm... don't like it very much, and mainly because of the menu having
too much information. The user won't need chat, broadcast, a contact
list, mail, silent mode and "About me..." at the same time. Maybe we
should have tabs at the top of the menu that brings out each section
when clicked?

Thanks nonetheless for the mock-up,
Mohamed Amine IL Idrissi

thanks for kindly taking your time to offer your consideration!
I thought of Tabs, and i still do, i guess i just wanted to prove to myself that all this stuff fints vertically into one single unified menu.
Making it pretty to reduce clutter and confusion is the next step.
Tabs would appear as a block of Icons In the panel.
I was thinking of 1 Icon per service type, i.e. one for IM, one for Broadcast and one for Mail.
Now having extra tabs is not necessarily better, because the overview component would nolonger be there..
I'll try iterations of this mockup, considering your criticism!

anybody else? Does anybody think it unreasonable to unite Me & Messaging Menu?