Re: [Ayatana] Persona for firefox.

On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 10:19 +0000, Charline wrote:
> On 14/01/11 10:05, Paul Sladen wrote:
> > On Fri, 14 Jan 2011, [ISO-8859-1] K�vin PEIGNOT wrote:
> > > integrate by default a personna in firefox,
> > Hello Kevin, I had to Google for what a Firefox "persona" is, it
> > appears to be a theme?  (Is that correct---I couldn't see a screenshot
> > attached?).
> A persona is a tool: It represents an archetype of users - a profile
> of sort that combines a group of users who have a certain
> characteristic in common.  This characteristic is generally a
> behavioral one - can also be attitudinal. At best, personas are a
> result of primary user research (interviews and observations of real
> users).  They are used to help focus strategy and design efforts.

Charline,

A persona is indeed that in most cases. However, Firefox has co-opted
the term "persona" to mean a graphical theme for their browser. I, for
example, am using the Ubuntu Ambience persona
(http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/persona/138995 ) to style Firefox 4.0
to look like the rest of my Ubuntu desktop.

(Yes, this is confusing.)

sil