Re: [Ayatana] Better use of backlight in Unity launcher

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 17:36, Mark Curtis <merkinman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That is indeed what I meant, Erlan. However at the time of writing I did not
> have the latest version of Unity, so I was describing the old behavior,
> perhaps this is what led to the confusion.
>
>> Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 21:59:30 +0600
>> From: erlan.sergaziev@xxxxxxxxx
>> To: ayatana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Subject: Re: [Ayatana] Better use of backlight in Unity launcher
>>
>> Paul,
>>
>> I think he means the glow around icons on the launcher.
>> Previously they used to indicate running apps like in Win7, but since
>> latest update the glow is on all windows.
>>
>> Anyhow, I agree with Mark that the glow is redundant here as the running
>> apps have dots next to them.
>>
>> I saw sometime ago an idea to use launcher icon coloring to indicate
>> workspace they are in.
>> Another idea could be to use glow on apps to identify minimized apps.
>>
>> Erlan

Note: this is not an explanation for the current behaviour.

I can think of a way to make the icon colors useful. It would greatly
help identification of application windows to use that same color
somewhere in the window. For example in the window border, or as the
color of monochrome icons in the application.

--
Remco