Re: [Ayatana] Desktop Silent Mode

Hi Carl,

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 02:27, Carl Simpson <cwd.simpson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2011/1/15 Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

It's a fair point that using "Offline" as an IM status might be confused
with Internet connectivity. However, it's been used that way in most IM
clients for a long time. So any replacement would have to be *so* much
less confusing (and/or quicker, and/or fun) that it would be worth the
loss in familiarity.

 Off the top of my head, I thought of:
“Signed out”
“Signed off”
“Logged out”
“Logged off”
and all of those with "of IM" on the end.

I don't think any of those are any better than "Offline" though, I'm not any kind of designer, and I have done no research. :)

thanks for your input, these are all well thought through and look reasonable.
I'd just want to add "Quit Chat" for formal reasons: It is Empathy's terminology for the action this menu item currently represents.