Re: [Ayatana] Killing ourselves softly with our own song?

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 22:05, Lance <lbsolost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'd like to begin with a quote from Ivanka Majic here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/628087/comments/31

"The installation experience should be attractive and effortless to reassure new users that Ubuntu is the right choice. The process should feel safe and should only highlight risk when necessary (e.g. when data will be destroyed)."

Unfortunately the 10.10 installer has resulted in the loss of existing operating systems and data:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/655950

Yeah, that's a painful experience.
Formerly, geeks would setup Ubuntu on their grandma's computer, and they would have gone through an autodidactic school on non-destructive partitioning before that.
Today, everybody is being invited to dualboot, and i don't know if that is such a good thing, if the software is only safe when used by someone with a drivers license