[Ayatana] Redundancy : Preference's Menu and Indicator's options

Hi all,

I'm having a discussion with friend , some over the net , some  physically.

the Subject is : Redundancy in Ubuntu:
in the Preferences' Menu (System--> Preferences) we have:

-Instant Messaging and VoIP
- Microbloging
-Network Connexion
-Sound
-About Me
-Ubuntu One

But those Entries are already present on the Indicators :

-Instant Messaging and VoIP -->(Messaging-Menu and Me-Menu)
- Microbloging --> (Messaging-Menu and Me-Menu)
-Network Connexion --> Indicator-network or nm-applet
-Sound --> Indicator-Sound
-About Me --> Me-Menu
-Ubuntu One -->Me-Menu [on Natty, it is on both Me-Menu and Messaging-Menu (Inappropriate here)].

Consequence : We have a surcharged Preferences Menu.

The conclusion is that it is confusing.
The Indicators are are well exposed to handle those Entries. We should hide the same Entries on the Preference's Menu

I'm a Natty Tester, so the pictures are from Natty.

Thanks, have a good day.
--
Envoyé à partir d'Ubuntu