Re: [Ayatana] Implementation of a built-in screencaster in Unity like there is in GNOME Shell

On 14 February 2011 11:07, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ks64 wrote on 01/02/11 18:27:
>>
>> Despite all the hype about Unity, there is one thing that is making me
>> miss GNOME Shell: built-in screencasting. Press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+R and you
>> can start and stop screencast recording in GNOME Shell. If a similar
>> feature existed in Unity, it could be an excellent advertising tool:
>> Users could easily record a screencast in Unity and upload it to
>> YouTube, thus building an Ubuntu fan base that could in turn help to
>> overthrow Microsoft's evil empire. There's just one problem: Unity does
>> not have a built-in screencaster!
>
> If anyone is interested in implementing a simple combined screenshot and
> screen recording utility, for Ubuntu to ship by default instead of
> gnome-screenshot, I would be happy to help them with the design.

Kazam* is a nice clean screen recorder that could probably be adapted
for the purpose, although it's been low on commits recently.

Luke.

* http://whyareyoureadingthisurl.wordpress.com/2010/06/29/introducing-a-screencaster-called-kazam/