Re: [Ayatana] Menu bar integrated in title bar in Unity

On 18/02/11 04:38, Greg K Nicholson wrote:
>> Why not integrate (and hide) the menu bar in the title bar instead for
>> ummaximized windows?
>
> This makes sense logically.

I also like this idea. My top panel has always been full, the first
thing I do on any install is to delete the bottom bar and put all the
information I want in the top bar. So now I need to hide information I
have been used to having visible to make room for menus while leaving a
title bar empty.

> The massive downside to all of this is Fitts's law: the effective
> target area of a menu bar is vastly reduced when it isn't at the
> screen's edge. For that reason alone, and despite its logical and
> aesthetic elegance, I think we have to reject this idea.

Have users really been having problems clicking on menus? I know we are
all different but I would not have thought this affected many users.

David