Re: [Ayatana] No one will ever use the upper-left Ubuntu button

Application searching is actually a feature built into the Ubuntu button, last time I checked. Having it as a button that triggers the dock would serve well for touchscreen enabled devices, but is impractical on non-touch devices, which make up most of Ubuntu's userbase. Personally, I think that the current implementation works, and I actually do find myself using the Ubuntu Button a lot.