Re: [Ayatana] 'Control Center' should be in 'Launcher' not in 'Session Menu'

On Fri, 2011-03-11 at 13:39 +0100, M. Adnan Quaium wrote:
> Just got the news from the following link:
> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/03/ubuntu-natty-adds-control-centre-entry-to-session-menu/
>
> My opinion is - 'Control Center' should be in 'Launcher' not in
> 'Session Menu'. Actually, Session menu has nothing in common with
> Control Center! The Control Center should be in launcher. So that
> people can easily get access to the control center.  I think it'll be
> very difficult to find out for the users that to change the
> preferences of his desktop he has to go to the Session Menu. Also by
> placing it on the launcher, it actually saves one click... :)
>
> What do you think?

How often do you actually keep changing the System Preferences?

Usually one changes a setting maybe a few times during an extended
period of usage, but it is not something that warrants a dedicated
launcher.
A dedicated launcher would just overload the Dash(springboard).

--
Cheers,
Vish