Re: [Ayatana] Unity Mockup v3

The purpose would be more space to move around on, place windows there etc.
If the Global menu is made redundant by a menu-toggler, then there's no reason to waste about 25x(x-resolution) of pixels drawing a panel that is only used when an application is maximized. From a purely personal view I'd rather see my wallpaper than an unusable panel when no windows are maximized; it's like painting a big black line across the bathroom-wall, you can do it, but why would you?