[Ayatana] Dash Idea – Easy Lens Switcher

Hi all

Yesterday evening an idea popped up into my mind about how to improve Dash usability.

Mock-up:
Dash Idea – Easy Lens Switcher

Two things were bothering me subconsciously:
- One click switching between Lenses is not possible
- Having the 'normal' launcher icons grayed out still tempts me to click on them

My idea is having a second 'mini launcher' on the left site of the Dash showing available Lenses. When Dash is active, the top panel and the Ubuntu icon should expand and become 'box elements' (e.g. the search bar). If Dash is maximized to fullscreen, add a third 'box' for indicators - this would make the Dash look less alien to the OS.

I also do suggest to place 'System Settings' into the Dash Launcher (which should be expanded to manage installed Lenses).

Best regards

Thibaut