Re: [Ayatana] proposal: alt+num navigation in "superviews"

On 03. juni 2011 16:05, Tony Pursell wrote:
What a super idea. Since going to Unity, I use Super-W quite a lot,
being very forgetful of what applications/widows I have open, and where
they are.  But the only way I have to select one of the windows, is to
reach for the mouse and click on it. This is anathema to me as a lover
of keyboard short cuts.  I hate having to reach for the mouse just to do
a simple single action.  So numbers on the windows to select them, or
some other scheme of keyboard selection would be great.

Tony

Thanks. Yes, I too use super+w all the time. I prefer that kind
of overview to the alt+tab thing. I don't want to flip through
windows. I know exactly which one I want, so I want it right
away.

And adding keyboard shortcuts when they aren't in use,
doesn't interfere with users expectations as long as pressing
alt clearly shows numbers on top of each windows. I think that's
quite deductive when used with super with the launcher.

Jo-Erlend