De: "Carl Ansell" <afccarl1994@xxxxxxxxxxx>
À: anthropornis@xxxxxxxxx
Envoyé: Mercredi 3 Août 2011 21:04:15
Objet: Re: [Ayatana] What about the Dash on Oneiric Ocelot ?

I would think that there is no need for a frequent apps section at all. The apps I use most are on the launcher anyway, so it is wasted space at the top of the dash.

It definitely needs to be more configurable, and surely the 'find files' and 'more applications' could be replaced as they can be found in the launcher? I would think 'games' would be a good thing to put there, it would make it clear to potential new users that you can play games on a Linux system, which is often believed to not be the case.

Something that is needed badly is the ability to edit dash entries with the menu editor style application you mentioned. System applications that run in the background do not need to be in the dash, and some applications install an entry for sudo and non sudo operation. There also needs to be a way of customising the dash on a per-user basis.