Re: [Ayatana] Use bottom-left corner to immediately display the launcher.

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Jo-Erlend Schinstad
<joerlend.schinstad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With 11.10, the window close button has been placed in the
> upper right

I think you meant left :)

> corner and so that corner can't be used to
> immediately display the launcher. But the bottom-left
> corner isn't used for anything, and is just as easy to hit.

I agree that that might be useful, although since the launcher icons
are automatically placed at the top, it wouldn't be quite the same. I
don't see why the top left corner can't still be used for
quick-display though. The close buttons don't have any hover event
that would really conflict.

This reminded me of a similar/related question: what's happened to
launcher notifications for Oneiric? In Natty the bfb would get a blue
corner-highlight, but with the bfb hidden with the rest of the
launcher now, that doesn't work. (I don't use any programs that
regularly generate notifications, so there might already be a solution
in place that I haven't seen yet - this is more curiosity than
concern).

Whatever happens to the notifications, I would like to see
quick-launch brought back in some form, as it was very useful in
Natty.

Cheers,
Evan