Re: [Ayatana] List windows on hover

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 08:47, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/20/2011 10:57 PM, frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I'd love to see a special pie menu unfold, when a mouse drag is held
above a launcher button, dwelling.

How would that coexist with the ability to reorder Launcher items via drag-and-drop?

When i drag something from Nautilus and hold the drag over a Launcher item such a menu should appear.
When i drag and hold a Launcher item, it should not appear. OTOH, i'd very much love to have desktop halves, i.e. left half and right half, like large tiles, into which i can drag and drop an application. This way the respective application would be expected to open in a tiled-to-right-half-of-screen or tiled-to-left-half-of-screen fashion.

When talking about gestures, there's a lot we can do better with drag and drop, to make the UI feel more natural with pointing devices and touchscreens.