[Ayatana] Software Center online backend

Hey!
The current software center is a pain in the ass. I prefer apt-getting from the terminal because it is much faster. I know work is in progress to get it faster and lighter for the precise cycle. Still I wonder if anyone came up with the idea of an online software center like the one google has. Ubuntu One already keeps track of our applications. Why does Canonical not provide an iterface in the browser for managing my apps and ppa-s from wherewer?
Is there anything in progress alerady? What would there be any technical difficulties? What do you think abut it?