Re: [Ayatana] Unity improvement for vision loss people

ok, "default app" is a problematic concept.

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 01:42, Ian Santopietro <isantop@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I see.

While this has merit, I don't think it's entirely relevant. What if I
have two web browsers on my launcher? What if I don't have a default
specified. The concept of differentiating an app as default is broken.
There shouldn't be a default web browser, since it really doesn't
matter.

_wwwbrowser_ as such is an application. It is first of all not a manufacturer or a product, but an application.
The fact that one web-browser sucks so bad that i need 3 to feel safe is the problem here, from my point of view.

The feature "freedom of choice" remains unaffected by this suggestion.

Opening a file from the file browser should follow the last
used app.

remains the wording problem in the community.. what is "app" and is "app" different from "application"? and what does "application" mean?