mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Update on file uploads

> There should be some very simple ui in the trunk that displays just the
> current user.  The services aren't fully implemented though, so I spent most
> of yesterday figuring out how to make the state of the application work and
> implementing enough of the user service to be able to test it, but without
> having the services fully implemented there's not much I can do in regards
> to setting up the full ui.

Hmm. So we didn't get any of the new services we discussed last week? How
are they going?

Also in regards to the server when running locally, how will we go about
> handling the creation of dev-teams? For the local server the students can
> run, should we just make them automatically a developer/admin? It doesn't
> make sense to have a pre-set up admin account hey have to use to make
> themselves a developer and put themselves into a devteam, when running
> locally.

We should:

   1. Let any user who is an admin (according to Google) be an admin in our
   system. (On the real server, this will just be us, but on the dev server,
   this is anybody who checks the admin box.)
   2. Have the software present a button "create admin team" which
   automatically creates a new dev team and adds the admin to it (and they can
   subsequently create a game and populate it).