mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Services are completed

All the model class services are completed as of now.

However, as mentioned in a previous email, I've got some security concerns
that can be discussed at the
next meeting. For now, I have assumed those security issue may not arise and
have implemented the
back end services. It should also be noted that, even though there can be
changes in the server implementations
(ServiceImpl classes), this should not affect the entire interface of the
services, so making changes later on
should not affect the UI at all.

Another thought I had with the services was that we have a common method
called 'write()' that actually
updates the database. The intention was, if the object did not exist in the
database, simply create a new one.
OR if it's already there, then update it's fields (using our permissions
system).

My concerns are however, if a new object is to be made, then we should make
sure the unique fields are
kept unique and there is no duplication. The two ways I can think of are :

1. Whenever we are about to create a new object, check if all the fields are
correct (uniqueess, etc) and then create it.

2. Have a separate method called 'createInDatabase()' (or something similar)
that purely handles creation of
new objects.

They may not seem very different, but in the aspect of the client interface,
it would be nice to distinguish between the two.

P.S. Since most of the UI issues are sorted for now, I think I'll put the
doc together for the wrapper classes and how they
can be used. This will help Jens and everyone else if there are doubts.

--
*Prageeth Silva*

Follow ups