mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Summary of tasks 16 May

>From the whiteboard:

*URL Scheme*

GWT client (#!) views:
/+admin
/~myuser (user page)
/~myteam (team page)
/~myteam/mygame/ (under the #!, this probably will redirect to +view)
/~myteam/mygame/+view (public game page; view only)
/~myteam/mygame/+edit (game page; editable)
/mygame/... (for promoted games)

Note: Any of the above URLs as a normal HTTP request will redirect to the #!
view.

HTTP only views:
/~myteam/mygame/... (serve files; excludes +view and +edit)

I'd like to propose a change to what I said earlier. I now think that the
most important page to link people to, for a game, is the standardised game
view page, not the game itself. The standard game view page will contain
links to the game, info and ratings, as well as links back to MUGLE, whereas
the game itself will not contain any external links. We want to send people
to the game's "landing page", not the game itself, first. Therefore, I'd
like to switch these around:

/~myteam/mygame (public game page; view only)
/~myteam/mygame/+edit (game page; editable)
/~myteam/mygame/+play/... (serve files)

So the standard URL for Lunar Lander might be:
/~staff/lander
which would redirect to:
#!/~staff/lander
which would contain the MUGLE-standard game screen, and a "Play game" link,
which opens in a new window:
/~staff/lander/+play/Lander.html

Is that acceptable?

*Game Edit View*

Name: _________
Game token: xxxxxxxxxx
Warning: Do not give this game token to anybody outside of your developer
team.

*Badges*
Badge _______ __________ (delete)
Badge _______ __________ (delete)
(add)

*Upload game*
______________ (browse) (submit)

*Tasks*

   - Server HTTP URL handler - matt
   - File serving - matt
   - File uploads - matt
   - Game public view
      - Game +edit page
      - +admin
      - Devteam view
   - Object writeback security checking - Prageeth
   - Deploy online