mugle-dev team mailing list archive

GameEditBuilder

I have some questions about the implementation of GameEditBuilder:

How can I find out the maximum allowed length of game name and description,
for example? I would like to restrict the textbox input accordingly.

When modifying the name or description of a game, do I need to check that
the string is a valid one (e.g. not an empty string) or is that going to
happen in the backend? I cannot completely make sense of the backend code
yet.
When modifying fields of model objects, is the backend going to check
whether the current user actually has the right to do so?
How can I best check whether the current user is allowed to see the game
edit view for a particular game?

To change a field of a model class in the datastore, is it correct to do
something like this:
gameVersion.setFullName("bla");
gameVersion.write(new AsyncCallback<GameVersion>() {
});
Somehow the onSuccess method of my callback object is called but the value
in the datastore isn't changed. I login with the user matt, who appears to
be linked to devteam test and game test, and call the following URL to
display the game edit view (which at this moment only consists of a text box
for the name of the game):
http://127.0.0.1:8080/#!/test/test/+edit

Everytime I load this URL for the first time or hit the browser refresh
button, I receive the following very weird exception:

Fc is null stack: Ic("test")@
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/mugle/129D7154D4CA62DF77704779CB590D6C.cache.html:1347Id("!/test/test/+edit",[object Object],[object Object])@
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/mugle/129D7154D4CA62DF77704779CB590D6C.cache.html:1356Fd([object Object],[object Object])@
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/mugle/129D7154D4CA62DF77704779CB590D6C.cache.html:1367Yb([object Object])@
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/mugle/129D7154D4CA62DF77704779CB590D6C.cache.html:1376RE([object Object],[object Object])@
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/mugle/129D7154D4CA62DF77704779CB590D6C.cache.html:1362Uq([object Object],[object Object])@
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/mugle/129D7154D4CA62DF77704779CB590D6C.cache.html:1227Ar([object XMLHttpRequest])@
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/mugle/129D7154D4CA62DF77704779CB590D6C.cache.html:1379([object Event])@
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/mugle/129D7154D4CA62DF77704779CB590D6C.cache.html:998Fl((function () {b.W(c);}),[object XMLHttpRequest],[object Arguments])@
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/mugle/129D7154D4CA62DF77704779CB590D6C.cache.html:818Il((function () {b.W(c);}),[object XMLHttpRequest],[object Arguments])@
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/mugle/129D7154D4CA62DF77704779CB590D6C.cache.html:1054([object Event])@
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/mugle/129D7154D4CA62DF77704779CB590D6C.cache.html:1053fileName:
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/mugle/129D7154D4CA62DF77704779CB590D6C.cache.htmllineNumber: 1347

Has anyone seen this somewhere already? This doesn't happen if I move to a
different page first and then type the URL to edit the game into the browser
address bar and hit enter.

Follow ups