mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Using the persistence Manager many times in one method

Yeah i couldnt figure it out - but in DataStoreServiceImpl (and all methods
it called), it just crashed inside GameFile.create() when you tried to do
pm.newQuery() throwing JDOFatalUserException, and was resolved by using the
GetterMethods which handled the PersistenceManager by themselves (rather
than passing the one around).

If i had to guess i'd say that theres a certain amount of time between
writes to the database, so if you keep the persistence manager open for long
enough it goes beyond this and wont make any more queries.

To be honest the only time i see this ever being a problem is in the
DataServiceImpl.