mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Delete UserGameProfile

Scott, you have been looking at deleting data.

I'm wondering how hard it will be to delete UGPs (without worrying about
deleting other kinds of data).
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mugle/+bug/788541

I'm trying to track down a production bug which seems to only happen the
first time for any given UGP, so it would be good to be able to delete them
on production to test.

I think all we have to do is:

   - Delete all KeyValuePairs and AchievementData associated with the UGP.
   - Remove the UGP from the ugps field of the user and game, respectively.
   - Delete the UGP itself.

That doesn't sound too hard, and would help us get an idea about how hard it
is to delete data in general. Do you think we could do that tonight?

Another thing: I am looking at the production data. Do you have any idea why
there would be so many UGPs with null for every single field, including the
user? It seems like for every 1 legitimate UGP there are about 10 completely
blank ones. There are hundreds and hundreds of UGPs already.

Follow ups