mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Back to branches

Now that MUGLE is released, we will consider the trunk to be stable.
That means it should only ever improve at this point -- no commit
should make anything worse, even temporarily.

So I think when we gave up on using branches that was helpful for
getting it out faster, but now we need to go back and start using
branches again. Any non-trivial change (any change that will take more
than one commit to be complete), including any new features, should
have a separate branch (even if it's for a couple of commits). And,
branches should not be merged without a merge proposal and review, to
make sure that someone else is reviewing the code as it goes into the
trunk.

Obviously if you need to fix some spelling or make an obviously
correct fix, you can do that in trunk.

PS. Probably don't do any more work on this until Shanika gives us the
OK. She's not sure how much money is left :)