Re: script to detect MT devices

On 08/16/10 19:44, Henrik Rydberg wrote:
On 08/17/2010 01:24 AM, Rafi Rubin wrote:

On 08/16/10 09:42, Henrik Rydberg wrote:
On 08/16/2010 03:34 PM, David Barth wrote:

On 08/16/2010 12:52 PM, Henrik Rydberg wrote:
Hi all, please find enclosed a script that answers the question

"Do I have any MT devices installed?"

The script checks the kernel event devices for their actual
capabilities, so any
driver which uses ABS_MT_POSITION_X, the corner stone of the MT
protocol, will
be listed.
Some polish if you want to include the script in a package.
No MT device on my thinkpad unfortunately :-(

Not necessarily, if you're only considering the output of that script.
A lot of thinkpads, even the latest, with wacom sensors use serial
instead of usb, and those devices will not be caught by this script.

In the context of this mail, having an MT device installed means having a kernel
driver using the MT protocol loaded. Even the wacom devices will go through
Kevdev when we are done with them.

Henrik

Yes, but that's not going to happen for maverick, and it would be nice to preempt the queries before they flood in.

Besides, Anne has been asking me to fix the touch on her x201 (same problem we saw in Prague with someone's x200). I expect to figure out a test in the process.