Re: I'm new

On 08/20/2010 06:27 AM, Bob wrote:
> Hi everybody
> I'm not new to ubuntu but I am new to this whole launchpad / mailing
> list/ etc stuff.
>
> I have just got a laptop with a multitouch screen. I would really love
> to help this 'project(?)'
>
> How do I go about testing multi touch on my laptop? Do i just download
> the alpha 3 release of maverick and have a play?
>
> Thanks

Welcome, Bob :-)

Yeah, the first step is to get the Maverick alpha 3 release installed.
Then do:
 $ sudo apt-get update
 $ sudo apt-get install utouch

Then run apt-get update/upgrade/dist-upgrade to get all the latest work.
Note that there's a regression in the latest kernel, so when booting,
you'll probably want to select a previous one.

Now you're ready to start testing things out. Take a look at this wiki
page and following the links in the first part of the testing section:
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Multitouch/#Testing

Let us know if you have any questions, either here or on #ubuntu-touch :-)