Re: Ginn spec

On Thu, 2010-08-26 at 19:35 +0200, Mohamed Ikbel Boulabiar wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Chase Douglas
> <chase.douglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         How do you map applications to windows? Is it based on the
>         window title?
>         If so, I suggest defining the "Application" property as a
>         regex so
>         titles can be matched easily no matter what their format.
>

> Yes, because I think window title matching is easier for the user than
> the windowid.
> I'll extend this to regex as you stated.

NOOOOOOOOOO! :)

The will of dock-authors (Jason and me) compel you to use libbamf from
Unity stack. That'll let you connect to the BAMF D-Bus daemon which will
tell you:

- What the current application is (path to .desktop file)
- What the current window of that application is (xid)
- When the current application or window changes
(plus a lot more)

BAMF holds all the window -> desktop file matching code (including
Quirks), and we're trying to get things standardised on that, so would
be awesome if you used it :) Ping Jason (irc: Jason or DBO) or me if you
have any questions.

Regards,

--
Neil Jagdish Patel