Re: MosArt RMTP-MA957: Pointer always at (0,0)

Dear Stéphane,
> it appears eventually that your device is not managed by the hid-
> egalax driver but by the defaut hid-core code. It might be that the
> device is not listed in the hid_blacklist structure (in hid-core.c)
> or in the lists of supported devices (in hid-egalax.c). Could you get
> the sources of your kernel and check these two files in drivers/
> hid/ ? you should look for EGALAX in the code, as far as I remember.
My device seems to be blacklisted by hid-core.c:
 static const struct hid_device_id hid_blacklist[] = {
 [...]
 { HID_USB_DEVICE(USB_VENDOR_ID_DWAV,
   USB_DEVICE_ID_DWAV_EGALAX_MULTITOUCH) }, [...]

and supported by hid-egalax.c:
 [...]
 static const struct hid_device_id egalax_devices[] = {
        { HID_USB_DEVICE(USB_VENDOR_ID_DWAV,
                        USB_DEVICE_ID_DWAV_EGALAX_MULTITOUCH) },
        { }
 };
 [...]

Although I'm not 100% sure if the sources I was looking at corresponds
to the version of the ubuntu stock kernel images (at least both is
v2.6.35, but I don't know if the ubuntu kernel images include other
patches)

> Le 21 sept. 10 à 16:07, Benjamin Tissoires a écrit :
>
> > Forwarding your mail to Stéphane, as it is a kernel related problem.
> >
> > - output 'unknown class' right at the beginning of 'xinput test 10'
> > -> totally normal
> >
> > - The link you gave may be the same problem. I can not manage to
> > exactly understand, but Stéphane will
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Benjamin

Follow ups