Re: Fwd: GEIS 2.0 specification

On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 10:31 +0200, Zeno Albisser wrote:

> I'm not quite sure how exactly you imagine "polling".
> I really liked the current approach with the file descriptor and the
> select statement.

That can be kept.  By polling I mean a get-next-event type call that
returns the next gesture event in the queue or a status indicating no
more events.  Like it works now.  It's simple enough to also provide a
file descriptor to indicate if there are events available in the queue
just in case we want to run in threaded mode or in an external process
space.

If the recognizer runs in the same thread as the event loop there isn't
really a need for synchronization through a select() call, since it
would be driven by input events.

--
Stephen M. Webb <stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Canonical Ltd.