Fundamental question about gesture languages

Hello everyone,

since things are obviously gearing up towards working on a formal
gesture language, I'd like to pose a fundamental question first.

Is there general interest in trying to make this language
OS-independent?

As you may have noticed, I've spent considerable time reinventing the
wheel in libTISCH and GDL for exactly that reason. On the other hand,
utouch is strongly geared towards Xorg - that's fine, but IMHO it raises
the question if a more general approach like a gesture language should
be a little less tightly coupled to X concepts.

What do you think?

Florian

Follow ups