Re: [RFC XI 2.1] current issues

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 10:44:12PM +0100, Denis Dzyubenko wrote:
> It would be nice to expose which of the touch sequences result in the
> mouse event.
>
> With dependent touch it is pretty clear - if there is only one touch,
> that's the one that triggers the consequtive mouse events, and if
> there is more than one, there will be no mouse movements.
>
> However with direct touch this might not be the case and the mouse
> cursor might be moving even if you move two fingers on the screen. I
> would like to be able to know which one of those touch sequences
> trigger mouse events.

That's still a TODO for now; in either case, I'm very loathe to put it
in the spec, and would like to have the emulation pointer-dependent.
The resulting pointer events will have the TouchPointer (although this
will probably be renamed to something like PointerFromTouch to avoid
ambiguity with touch event flags) flag set, indicating that they came
from a touch event.  Would you like the touch events to have a flag set
indicating that they are also generating pointer events?

To be honest, I haven't really thought too much about pointer emulation
- Chase or Peter might have some more thoughts on this.

Cheers,
Daniel