Re: New video + Release of Ginn

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Paul S <paulatgm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> thanks for the great work!
>
> This is really cool and greatly extends the usefulness of maverick until
> natty comes.

Thanks !

> I'm adding some stuff to the wishes.xml (i.e. firefox pinches to shrink /
> enlarge) which are obvious from the other examples in it.
>
> I don't see any flick examples.  Will ginn recognize flicks and could I use
> a downward flick in evince or firefox to start autoscrolling, for example?
you can put more than just one trigger to the matching, so you can
trigger on the "velocity y" property.
the full list of triggers can be seen when running geistest, but you
need to put them in them order as they appear (put a trigger for
"delta x" then another for "velocity y")

> Also, we still need a way to get a right mouse click.  Is it possible to
> write a ginn rule that would detect a touch that doesn't move for a second
> and trigger a mouse click 3 (right click)?
touch and hold gestures aren't available for maverick (geis 1.0), but
it will be supported in Natty.
But for mouse buttons they are supported in Ginn, See OpenOffice example.

> I only have a 2 touch screen (cando) and it would also be nice to enable the
> window switcher by touching the bottom edge in the middle to activate it. I
> know I could config compiz's command to activate it on the screen corner,
> but right now compiz requires you to be closer to the edge than I can get
> with my finger.  I guess a mouse can go all the way to the edge, but my
> finger has a few pixels offset.  It only activates about 1/2 the time, and
> sometimes it repeats.
>
> I know I can use the compiz ctrl-w to activate the switcher, but how can I
> write the ginn rule to sense the touch of a certain point on the screen?

Matching according to the position is possible ("position x",
"position y") but I don't advise you to use it
instead use a more tolerant way with the bounding boxes
"boundingbox x1", "boundingbox y1"
"boundingbox x2", "boundingbox y2"